Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 AM   #322
Psyblast
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Stanford Cardinal (NCAA 12)

Will Harris get the offer he wants?

November 24, 2015

There's no questioning Mike Harris's talent on the football field.

At 6'4, 199 pounds, the Laguna Hills (CA) safety has enormous size, ideal for what Stanford looks for in a defensive back.

Rated as a four-star prospect, fourth at his position and 114th in the country overall, Harris is big, fast, strong, and smart. That combination of talent has schools like USC, Ohio State, Nebraska, and others pursuing his services. But the one school Harris likes the most has yet to offer.

"I'm really just waiting on Stanford," the Orange County standout said. "Coach Kudron's recruited me harder than any other coach during the whole process, and I feel closer to him than anybody else. I'm really just waiting on the word from admissions. The coaches aren't allowed to be involved in the process, but Coach Kudron's been there for a while, and he's seen my grades and scores, and he told me he's pretty confident that I'll get in."

Harris visited Stanford for the Cardinal's game against Oregon two weeks ago.

In other visiting news, given the extraordinarily small class Stanford will be signing once again this year, this weekend's game against Notre Dame will be largely void of any visitors. The only two recruits expected to be in town are three-star Arizonians Josh Hunt and Zac Barnes. Hunt is a 6'3, 194-pound quarterback and is a teammate of current commit Carlos Roberts at Buena High School in Sierra Vista, while Barnes plays for Westview High in the Phoenix suburb of Avondale. Neither prospect has an offer yet, but with Stanford still looking for a quarterback and West Bloomfield (MI) St. Mary's signal caller Sean Conley opting for Florida State, Hunt may be close to an offer.