Old 02-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #37
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Why not get rid of potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
As I said, that's got NOTHING to do with what I said.
Delta, you know I like ya man... but seriosuly?!?

Let's go back to what you said:

Quote:
On the one hand, the system is WAY too transparent. Draft a guy and wait one preseason and you IMMEDIATELY know whether he'll ever have the potential to be a star. So basically, there are no "true" draft busts in this game, players who look nice but never actually pan out, something that happens dozens of times every year, but never in Madden.
Now to me, that has everything to do with what you said. You draft a guy and you know immediately [you know, all in capital letters] if he can be a star or not... well... not if potential was hidden you wouldn't. If potential was hidden, and OVR for that matter, you are less likely to avoid playing with a bust. How do you define a bust? I see a bust as someone who you draft highly and doesn't pan out for you. A gem is someone you pick late and becomes a star. There are plenty of busts in Madden 09, 10, 11 and I'm sure 12. One of he problems though is that the real rookies all have A potential and there is a flood of A potential players in the game.

Quote:
[...] so don't go around calling people names because they call the game out for not doing its job right.
I'm sorry, but when did I call you a name?