Old 02-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #326
Psyblast
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Stanford Cardinal (NCAA 12)

Sympathy for the Ducks?

November 30, 2015

A year ago, Stanford's stunning loss to Arizona State in the Pac-12 Championship Game opened the door for North Division runner-up Oregon to backdoor their way into the National Championship Game, which they lost to Penn State.

This year, the roles are reversed, as Oregon's overtime loss on their home field to rival Oregon State, along with Air Force, Michigan, and Michigan State all going down as well, has elevated Stanford to #1, meaning that while the Ducks will play for the Pac-12 title against USC next week, Stanford appears to have stumbled their way into the BCS National Championship in New Orleans.

"That's the system we have," Stanford coach Brian Kudron said. "Are we supposed to feel sorry for a team that benefited from this same sort of situation last year? I don't think so."

Kudron has done little to hide his disdain for the Oregon program in his five years on the Farm, and made sure to make that point when asked.

"They want to complain, that's their right. I didn't hear any complaints last year when we won the North and ended up being penalized for it. Turnabout is fair play, as far as I'm concerned."