View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #47
JaySmooov
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Most complete PF today

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Its unbelievable how this position has evolved since I started watching the game. Guys like Nowitzki, Bosh, and Aldridge essentially play like oversized wing men.

Unfortunately, jump shooting bigs are rarely the fulcrum of ballclubs with legitimate Championship aspirations. Thats because jump shooters either make or miss and can't inflict fouls or stretch the defense out of shape.
Blake Griffin is an incredible dunker but he doesn't know how to play the whole game. He needs to set much better screens, develop a jump shot, and use his base better when defending the post.

Kevin Love's team is 12-15, so his incredible numbers haven't really led to wins. He is an awesome rebounder, yet he is a total non-athlete and can't move laterally so he'll never be an adequate defender. 25 ppg is too much for him. On a ballclub with Title dreams, Love is strictly a role player who can rebound like a savage.

Hopefully Minnesota doesn't repeat the Kevin Garnett situation and try to surround the bogus superstar with complementary pieces, not realizing that the headline guy is a complementary player himself.
I don't agree with this post at all, and I'm not even really a basketball fan. This just doesn't seem like it makes ANY sense.