View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #44
Broncos86
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Is it harder to make a football video game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
ALl of this crap about limited budget is a bunch of bull. The problem is the code. The programmers that worked on this game did a crappy job. It's plain and simple. There are other development shops that produce games 10x the complexity of madden and they do it better with fewer developers. Besides, I work on enterprise level software, and larger teams do not equal better products. It's all about the individuals working on the product. They have to have the knowledge of the sport, passion for writing code, and passion for the sport. Everyone wants to find "the excuse" so that they can feel better about the crap that's been churned out. The reality is, they are just that - EXCUSES. It's a bad product, for many reasons. There are a few guys there now that hopefully can change things around. It's going to take even more time.
Somebody's bitter. Nobody is giving excuses for the initial bad codebase. But at this point, they don't have the resources to just magically turn around the franchise in one year or so. That was my point, and I think I spoke with knowledge of technology and the industry, so I'm pretty content in what I said.