View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #632
CX1329
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

I used to complain about it, but now I've learned that 2K11's bumping is a necessary evil. In 2K12, unless you're able to stay in the exact spot to trigger an animation and make the ball handler pick up his dribble or lose the ball, the ball handler will just continue to dribble into the defender until he's in the paint. Now, the AI is terrible at playing good position defense and cutting off angles, so by the time the ball gets passed and you switch to another defender, it's already too late and you won't be able to make the ball handler pick up his dribble anymore. Until the teammate AI improves and we get a physics system that properly accounts for contact on the floor rather than just in the air, we need the bumping in order to play good defense.

On topic: the game is very hard with the current set. When your players aren't shooting well, you are going to lose the game, because the CPU is unforgiving. However, I haven't seen anything unrealistic, teams are running their offenses and CPU controlled players aren't doing anything that makes me want to throw my controller at the screen. I think this is it, I'm considering starting an Association with these sliders.

Last edited by CX1329; 02-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.