View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
bomccready
Staff Writer

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashjbv
And let me say, I don't mean to say you're review is bad or that you haven't played it. Hell, maybe you've spent hours with it. I just know that going in, I simply bought it because i'm a die hard tennis guy and i'll pick up anything that is put out. I had very low expectations after playing the demo for at least an hour. I just know that after spending a couple of days with it, it totally exceeded the expectations I had for it. Give the espn classic a try on one of the harder levels, especially on clay, and I truly believe you may have a different opinion.
crashjbv, thanks for the comments! This was an "Initial Impressions" piece based on the first few hours of play, not the full review, which will run soon. I'm glad you're seeing unforced errors on harder difficulty levels. I'm still not, but I'll accept that maybe there's something about my play style that's affecting what I see.

I also agree completely that another year could produce "an incredible game." I'm also a very harsh critic of tennis games (I'm not a 4.5, but I've played a lot and also coached a few years), so I might be a little too critical. But my overall impressions of the game are more good than bad, as you'll see when the full review runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove