View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
cardinalbird5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzo
Well operation sports is kind of a place for sim sports game players. You bought a basketball sim game to play it like nba jam, then you record a game that's like everything that simulation is not. Besides that, both of you play absolutely brain neutral even for casual sports gamers, making plays that give the other player a better chance to win, then you label it "the greatest online finish in 2k history" and post it on a sim sports game forums.

I don't think you could've expected for a different reaction here. People probably thought they were mislead by the title and instead of seeing an awesome comeback or teams trading a few clutch shots within a minute, they had to watch two guys turbo down the floor and shoot relentlessly, and it just so happened that most of those shots went in.

EDIT: Please record that game you're about to play and post on youtube.
We played but he didn't record it. I used the Hawks and he had the Knicks the first game and won by double digits. I don't remember the score. I feel cheesy every time I use the Hawks, because I have these back doors for Josh Smith that most people cannot guard. Second game I used Dallas and he had the Clippers. I was up pretty big to begin the game and I was playing very slow tempo. He came back, but all of his points were putback dunks or cherry pick dunks.

He might record it if we play later, but I don't know. He does abuse the x button a little bit, but he definitely isn't a cheesy player that abuses anything. If you watched our games I might be considered more cheesy (when I used ATL), but that is really the only way to use them. Josh Smith only good/great abilities are his spin dunk/layup and spin shot. When I used Dallas I ran a play almost every time down. It was incredibly easy to get open shots, because he gets his players so far out of position by smashing the x and y button.

Youtube