View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
sword1986
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can you beat the CPU easily on All-Star default sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
one thing people should consider is that a lot of people probably just have slow reaction time and bad hand-eye coordination...because of this, there will always be a certain amount of people who struggle. not everyone is good at video games.

i like that 2k is hard. part of the problem with video games today is that they're too easy - game developers feel the need to dumb down their games and make them easier so that even the worst gamer can be successful...developers need to sell as many copies as possible, so games get easier and everything in the game gets automated where you just hit a button everything happens for you...and then you get a trophy as if you actually accomplished something...this is a trend in all of society - false sense of accomplishment without actually accomplishing anything impressive.

one thing i like about 2k is that they haven't followed this trend yet. 2k is one of the few video games that is still SKILL-BASED. you need quick reflexes and good controller skills to succeed at 2k...and you need patience - you can't say that about a lot of video games. 2k doesn't baby you and hold your hand to make sure you can win...but they do provide casual and rookie settings for people who are struggling. but their main difficulty setting (all-star) is still challenging.
The bolded. I made an entire thread about this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ty-matter.html

My response.... 2K does not give you that option in Association mode. If you play on Pro in Association, the CPU plays like its on a higher difficulty. If you play on Rookie, same thing. The CPU on Pro and Rookie in Association play like the All Star difficulty. Exhibition games, Pro is Pro and Rookie is Rookie.

I admit I suck, I admit I don't have the hand eye coordination that you have. But why must I be punished in Association, why can't the CPU on Pro play like the CPU on Pro? Why must the CPU constantly attack the basket, do dream shakes in the paint, make it unplayable. Why must I adjust sliders? What is the purpose of Rookie and Pro in Association if its not going to play that way?