View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Acedeck
Pro

OVR: 16
Price is going to be the biggest barrier for myself, as I'm sure will be the case for many others. The idea of a console experience coming from such a small device is extremely intriguing. However, price of the system, as well as the games, will deter many. With apps on mobile devices and tablets costing mostly in the $0.99 to $4.99 range, dropping $50 for a mobile game seems absolutely outrageously expensive. I hesitate to even spend anything over $10 on my iPad or smart phone. Granted, the experience is significantly more full featured on the Vita, it's still a huge hurdle to get past the prices.

MLB: The Show alone is enough to interest me in this new handheld, and I'm really liking the hardware from the sounds of it. I'll probably get around to buying one, eventually. I want to support advancements in gaming, such as this new technology. As much as I enjoy those apps in the app store, they are essentially just there for short spurts of entertainment while on the go. The Vita is a full gaming experience.