View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Maxattax3
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2012 Texas Longhorns

Thanks for that! Nice to see a fellow Boston/Longhorn fan! I was born in Somerville and both sides of my family are from Boston. I lived there until I was about 5 before my family moved to Texas so Im a Sox/Pats/Celts fan as well.

Its really a shame we didnt get to see Bergeron more. Its really a shame that Texas' top 3 RBs got injured last year! I think with Bergeron, it was a case of not knowing exactly what they had. He was injured in garbage time during a blowout and that really hurt the team down the stretch. Hopefully the coaches know his ability/limitations a little better now. From what I've read he is absolutely killing it in the weight room though (scary thought). Its looking like Malcolm Brown and Joe Bergeron will be 1a and 1b.

I know the Ash vid is long, but Milbut you should watch it. To me it shows his potential. When you take out all of his mistakes he looks pretty good! lol. He is sound physically and fundamentally I think. He will come back bigger/stronger/faster and will get more reps (Spring Ball starting!) this time around, and hopefully will have better targets in the passing game. He just needs to put together stretches of good plays. A lot of those plays looked nice and were on 3rd down etc. but the way it happened during the season was frustrating especially when the fans are used to VY/Colt.

Ash doesnt have to be VY or Colt with this defense though. He just has to not mess it up and convert a couple of nice 3rd downs and/or big plays off PA and Texas should have a shot to win every game.