Old 02-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
metsfan4life1
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I Finally Did It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
I know exactly how you felt. Once you take one into the 8th and 9th innings, the hands get sweaty, the heart is racing, the yells get louder, and it's just a video game!

I have gotten a few now over the years. Every one as pressure packed as the one before. The best one I ever had though was with Matt Cain in my franchise on MLB 10. I got it down to 2 outs in the 9th, I can't remember who the final batter was, but it was against the Brewers. But the play I made to record the final out had me doing backflips...well almost. For me, making a diving catch in this game has always been a hassle. I get maybe a dozen clean diving catches a year. So anyway, on this final out of the game, the batter drove a linedrive into the right centerfield gap (Triples alley at AT&T), I take control of Aaron Rowand and make a desperation leap to nab the final out. It's one of a few plays in this game I'll never forget. That and my walk off HR with Bill Hall in game 7 of the World Series against the Red Sox! Yes, BILL HALL!

March 6th, you can't get here soon enough.
The closet I've ever come to a no hitter in the show was for last years( MLB 11 the show for PS3). I was using Mike Pelfrey against the braves, it was a franchise game, I had two out in the ninth and the batter hit a ball up the middle, I would've gotten it and thrown him out, yet I guess I accidentally directed my SS( Reyes at the time) to go in towards the ball instead of up the middle, it got past me but then I retired the next guy. But I threw a perfect game with big pelf in MVP baseball 2005 for the game cube. I was in dynasty mode. The year that took place was 2008(I don't remember what year it was in dynasty mode).