Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Making the switch from Rtts to Franchise and I have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish
Thanks for the quick replies.

I thought there were options for the cpu to do certain tasks if you didn't want to do them as well. Not having that option really stinks. (I know they have that in madden and was hoping it was the same here)

Phantom pain, nice to see other UK fans, we got hosed with the selection committee in the tourney though.

NFG's I was basically asking about pulling pitchers and pitching rotations and batting orders when I was asking about stratagies. I am clueless when it comes to these things. Especially when they start wanting to know batting orders vs. RHP's and LHP's.

I basically want to make small decisions and let the cpu take over some of the more mundane (from my perspective) jobs.

Thanks for the other tips however.
I might be having a major brain fart since today was selection sunday but i don't remember having the option of CPU performing certain tasks u feel like passing off in The Show....not that it's not entirely impossible...maybe others who are more familiar with menu options can verify?well when it comes to pulling pitchers, the screen will show a confidence and a stamina bar...doesnt take a rocket scientist to know when a pitcher's confidence is shaken or doesnt look like he has much left in the tank, u should pull him...pitching rotations: u want your ace pitching first, typically the guy who has the most overpowering stuff...a.k.a. most strikeout capability...batting orders: leadoff guy= a guy who can consistently get on base and swipe some bags so he usually is speedy....2nd would be a contact guy who can move the runner over when necessary....3,4,5, would be the meat of the order which are the guys who have the most power capability which translates into driving bunch of runs....there's batting orders against RHP and LHP for a reason.....most lefties arent as successful against lefty pitchers...so u would substitute a righty who plays a similar position (a RF for a CF for example) in that situation(unless it's one of ur power bats)....im missin some stuff but i just answered ur questions as swiftly as i can lol

P.S. As a Baylor hoops fan, i'll be anxiously awaiting kentucky in the regional final

Last edited by 37; 03-11-2012 at 10:09 PM.