View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
rsnomar05
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Scripting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I think you're confusing scripting with the frustrations of losing. As others mentioned, you can do everything right but your players might not. I've seen missed opportunities that made me almost pull my hair out... however, at the same times I've seen fabulous goals which rescued me late which made me smile from ear to ear and jump for joy.

No other sports grabs you like this one from joy to frustrations.
QFT. Last night in the online save my Arsenal defenders just let the opposition casually walk around unchallenged in the box as goal after goal went in. Mertesacker had a 3.6 rating for one match, followed by a 4.4 and a 5.6 (he's on an upswing!). Three matches in a row not one single defender had a match rating above a 6, which led to three straight defeats that might have knocked me out of the title race. During that stretch I felt like chucking my laptop out the window, and debated what would be the best sacrifice to make to the FM Gods to stop the punishment. Then I held a team meeting, Van Persie rallied the troops, and I beat Everton handily.

I could whine that FM didn't want me to win the title, and they manufactured the poor defensive play. Or I could realize my team's morale was shot after the first loss (a 6-2 drubbing at Citeh) and should have called the team meeting earlier than I did. There is no scripting in FM. Unless Tim wins the title in our online save. Then FM cheated.