View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Pokes404
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who Here Gets Sucked In Every Year?

I used to get sucked into the hype, but I finally had it after NCAA 11. I just want a football simulator, and the gameplay on this current-gen has been sub-par in my opinion. There's some fun to be had with it, but it can't even remotely be considered "realistic." With player movement and interactions that are that far off from real-life, there's no way the game can play realistically.

For years, I gave EA the benefit of the doubt because I enjoyed the PS2 games so much. But that credibility finally ran out last year. I rented NCAA 12 for a week, maybe played it 3 of those days, returned it, and didn't look back. It was the same thing as before. A few additions/changes here and there, but nothing major. Nothing on the scale that needs to be done.

I also realized that no amount of constructive criticism on a forum (even one the devs are known to read) would do any good. The only way to voice my dissatisfaction with the direction this franchise is going in is with my wallet.

If they make a great game this year, I'll jump back on board. But I'm not holding my breath.