View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
moneal2001
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How to fix Scouting & the draft

I really liked how scouting worked in NFL Head Coach. in season scouting revealed positional ratings, the combine revealed physical ratings for all players at the combine, combine scouting(interviews) revealed mental ratings, pro days revealed the majority of ratings for all players from that school and individual workouts revealed all ratings including potential. if you removed the potential reveal from the individual workout and made it so the more you scouted a player throughout the process( in season pro day and individual workout) the closer you got to his actual ratings based on the range idea from the OP.

I really like the OPs idea of a hidden potential rating for the first full year of playtime. this would help prevent busts from being cut on the spot, and also put some sleepers in the FA pool.

i think madden should borrow the idea of editable draft classes from nba 2k. this would allow us to fix issues like ratings, equipment, and missing players from transfered classes from ncaa. you should also be able to create a complete class from scratch. it should also allow you to set up the kiper big board projection for each player(top 3, top 10, first rnd, etc.) that is the basis for all teams initial draft board.