View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
skrody
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My Achilles heel is... (a support group)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
1.) Turn off check swing appeals, and accept striking out looking. What I mean by that is, sometime you have to take a close pitch, when it is 0-1, 1-2. Those are some of the counts when you will see that slider.

It gives me fits too, but I have taken off check swing appeals (not sim I know) but it allows me to check my swing on that tough pitch and I live to see another one.

2.) Turn it off. Veriable strikes zone drives me crazy too, but I leave it on simply beacuse there are some "bad" umps out there and the game represents that fairly well.

3.) Just keep at it, if you are in the AL understand its not the cake walk it is in the NL. But the numbers even them selves out. Are you playing season, or franchise? I ask because the numbers in exhibition can be a little deceiving. I am playing a test franchise while I wait for the OSFM. It also provides a really nice look at stats over the long haul.

4.) Baseball-Reference says the average innings per start is 5.98 so while your Aces and probably #2 starter should be able to get into the 7th and 8th innings sometimes, you cant really expect your whole staff to be able to do it. In my Nats franchise, Strasburgh rarely goes more than 6 innings, while Gio Gonzalez and Edwin Jackson are my inning eaters. I stretch them out routinely to save my pen. It sounds like your pitching is about average.
2. i like keeping it on for the 'human element'. and you're right it represents that fairly well.
3 & 4. i play exhibitions all the time, usually as the ace. but when i don't use the top guys i go to my pen around the 6th.

is it just me but are the slider in the zone, change up, and curveball just meat pitches for the CPU?