View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think respecting the ratings is only half the battle though (at least for me).

When I played between All-Pro and All-Madden via sliders, I'd rarely lose to the CPU. Most of that could probably be attributed to the ratings. Romo is rated a notch below elite, decent stable of RBs, and talent at the TE/WR positions. So while my customized sliders might've respected the ratings, I wasn't getting the challenge I wanted offensively or defensively for that matter.

That's why I've transitioned to a slighty modified version of All-Madden. A 75 rated WR isn't as reliable in All-Madden as he may be in All-Pro.

Ratings certainly must carry a great deal of weight, but equally important for me is difficulty -- at least so that I care more about pursuing those 80+ rated players in my franchise.

Much like the other discussions on OS, All-Madden/ratings are all a matter of perspective.
I agree. That is why I try to find some sort of balance for both. If I set up my sliders to where I was only looking to respect ratings the CPU will have no chance simply because the USER is smarter then the CPU and that isn't fun for me.. I want to go into games not knowing if I'm going to win or not. It's not fun smashing the CPU every game just because I want the ratings to matter. I have to give them some kind of boost to compete.. In real life a low rated player will win the battle against a player he shouldn't sometimes.. I don't want players playing like robots out there. That's why it doesn't bother me like it does others when I see it happen sometimes on the game. I like to go into every game like it's any given sunday.. I want to have a balance with stats and ratings along with the challenge.. I like to earn my wins..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 03-23-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove