View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Does All-Madden Typically Give You A Fair Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think respecting the ratings is only half the battle though (at least for me).

When I played between All-Pro and All-Madden via sliders, I'd rarely lose to the CPU. Most of that could probably be attributed to the ratings. Romo is rated a notch below elite, decent stable of RBs, and talent at the TE/WR positions. So while my customized sliders might've respected the ratings, I wasn't getting the challenge I wanted offensively or defensively for that matter.
Wait, are you trying to tell me that if Romo was healthy and didn't throw games away, that your team would be a playoff contender? What are the odds? That was my problem when playing franchise the last several years.

When I played franchise with my 49ers, I didn't turn the ball over all the time, had what I thought were god game plans and played tough defense... and went 10-6 or better only to watch the real life 49ers struggle to go 6-10. When they finally got thier act together, they were on the door step of the Super Bowl. In a way, last year felt god not only as a 49ers fan, but as a justification to how I felt about my team and how I play. I don't ant the game to be hard for the sake of being hard. I want my players and their ratings to matter. I don't want to feel cheated.

Quote:
Much like the other discussions on OS, All-Madden/ratings are all a matter of perspective.
You're right. I have a defense with a stacked front 7 and a decent but slow secondary. My offense is pretty one dimensional and it gets it's passing yards through play action and/or it's two Tight Ends. Tempo Tempo Tempo.

If I win the SUper Bowl with my 49ers, it won't feel "wrong" anymore. My problem will be the question "how much success is too much success?" If I improve my team through the draft and free agency, and win more Super Bowls, when does it become unfun and ridiculous? On the other hand, why even ask that until I get there?