View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
chuckm1961
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Does it matter how long you hold X with classic pitching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
I too play with classic pitching... have been for years. The longer you hold "x" down, you do get more "umph" behnd the pitch , but you lose accuracy with it... example : lets say you're throwing a fastball on the corner, down and outside.. holding the x button down too long could cause that pitch to go way outside , up and out of the zone, or if your lucky .. right where you wanted it... but the latter rarely happens.

Now lets say you are throwing a curveball ... holding down the x button too long usually puts that ball in the dirt... or leaves it hanging .... and it gets crushed!
But if the longer button press "works," your fastball will be faster and move better. Your curve will have more bite.

It's a risk-benefit game .... the longer you hold the button the riskier territory you are in. Just like real life, when you throw harder, good or bad things can happen.

And the results are dictated more by player ratings, and less by my ability to push buttons in time with watching stuff. A four-year-old can do that.

I love Classic Pitching!