View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
CaptainZombie
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Official "I want to build a New PC!" Thread

I know we've had numerous of these threads over the past year, figured why not try to make one where we can all reference back to.

My current setup:

Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 Ghz
3GB DDR 2 RAM
550W PSU
Nvidia GeForce 250 GTS

I know I most likely will end up sticking with an Intel processor, either i3 or i5 to start. Should I look at AMD?

This will be used for moderate gaming looking to run Witcher 2, the Mass Effect trilogy (which I can run 1 & 2 on my current setup maxed out), and a few other games. The Witcher 2 will most likely be the most demanding unless the Enhanced Edition patch changes something.

I started looking at video cards, which I'm looking to buy this week and will use it in my current setup till I get the new mobo, cpu, and ram. I was looking at the Nvidia 550 TI, Nvidia 560, or Radeon 6770. I would go after the 560 TI, but that might require in me having to get another PSU which I bought this 550W about a year ago. I'm not looking to max games out and get blazing 60+ FPS on everything. Any recommendations?

How are the newer cards with hooking them up to larger screen TV's in the 50" range every so often if the set is 1920 x 1080 capable?
Advertisements - Register to remove