Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #264
BenGerman
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: First Preview of New Features in NCAA '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
This is the first time I'm even noticing info came out that's how much last year's game turned me off. It was the first time I ever sold a college football game back.

This info doesn't excite me. We aren't getting a new or secondary commentating crew which means the commentary will get old and stale fast like it always does. So they added an update person who will speak prob once or twice a game, great.

You can already see the hype train coming. They start with intros to put out videos that will impress maybe casual gamers and kids, you know, the people who most likely don't follow the info as it comes out.

For the gameplay part the focus seems to be passing, well what about defense, special teams (which is in desperate need of an upgrade ), pass rush, running/ throwing motions, etc.

By saying its a passing game blog it gives the perception that those other parts aren't important or haven't been fixed. Last years game left a lot to be desired.

Notice you see nothing about teambuilder. They add this amazing feature that expanded the old create a school feature and then they never touch it again, are you kidding me?

I have 0 faith in EA or the NCAA team at this point and i'm past the point of just buying the game just because I love college football. I'm tired of EA trying to sell me on these gimmicks and then being stuck with crappy gameplay and a ton of glitches. They really need to wow me this year if I'm going to buy this game.
This is what worries me. More specifically, the lack of the phrase Special Teams in their initial update is what really worries me. If Special Teams isn't updated in some way, its a no buy for me. That may sound ridiculous, but we are talking about something that plays a major impact on the outcome of a game, and EA hasn't even bothered to make it relevant. I could play a game without working Special Teams, sure. But the idea that we have been bringing this to their attention for years now really bothers me, and I'm not sure I can overlook that.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10