View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #6
Byron Yatch
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Just assembled the best staff ever!

Started a chise with my beloved bears and reluctantly went 10 6 losing in the first round of the playoffs. Hoped for a good draft pick at 7-9 or 8-8 season beating the packers twice.... but I was being too aggressive with defining moments and failing them so my approval was too low to lose the couple of the games I really wanted to(like against the rams and lions so I could have more valuable picks.

I ended up with this staff after enough retries to study all the ones that became available. When I started the first game of the 2nd season(just did the Jack English draft), all the coaches were like this is the best staff Ive ever been on, And this team has a chance to be special(and it was, went perfect).

Start of year 2
OC - Russ Grimm(Arizona OLC, beast blocking coach for tes AND ol)
DC - Settled on Jim mora jr to help DBs mature, has first 3 coverage special skills), wanted rivera or rob ryan but neither wanted to come.
STC - Dave Toub(no way Im firing him, you kidding me?)
QBC - John Ramsdell Chargers QBC, great Balanced qb developer
RBC - Tom Rathman(raiders rb coach, balanced rb and ball carrier fb)
WRC - Mike Johnson Speed wr and playmaker wrc with great potential)
OLC - Tim Wise(settled but he's a decent stop gap for 2 years) Wanted mike munchak but he got signed before I got to olc
LBC - Mike Katcavage (Has ambition, gonna promote to DC in 2 years)
DBC - Dan White(settled but good enough for 2 years)
DLC - Tim Spangler(can develop into a great coach)
GM - Gil Darnell
TRAINER - GARY QUARTERMASTER(4 4 3 with potential of 5 5 5, has the first 2 special skills AND AMBITION making the last 2 special skills that much easier to get).

Different coaches are available depending on how well their teams do that year and even who you keep and fire can change who may be available or sign with your staff that first year. Other coaches I was aiming for after that first season who just werent available with the try I settled on.

OC Caldwell and Todd Haley both have ambition
DC Ron Rivera has ambition and a lot of special skills, good intangible and learning development)
QBC Heimerdinger(titans oc)
RBC Bishop harris(?)
WRC Chris staymates(rare hes still available here, college coach based on urban meyer)
OLC Mike Munchak Titans OLC
LBC B Van Goedder(atl I think?) Jim Hermann(jets)
(Ambition makes Katcavage the best lbc)
DLC Pepper Johnson(from ne)
DBC Todd Bowles(dolphins) REALLY WANTED HIM, Great developer, HAS AMBITION
GM I only liked Gil Darnell but if a great team had a bad season you might get a better one
Trainer, Everyone Knows Aaron Lee and Robert Wyman, I highly suggest trying to get Gary Quartermaster though because he has ambition. Starts as an 86 and when he's available after the first year he will be the 3rd trainer to bid on.

Hope this helps people. Cant believe I let this game sit so long!!!