View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #21
prowler
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Are You Capable Of Being Objective About NCAA 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Some people might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I would have no problem if the first iteration of NCAA on the next-gen consoles was nothing more than Play Now, a single-season mode, and Online Quick Play, as long as it meant getting a solid foundation for realistic gameplay.

EA seems to have an easier time adding/expanding features/game modes from year-to-year. But they seem to have significant problems fixing gameplay problems in such short development cycles. Get some solid gameplay at the start, then you can focus your attention on the back-of-the-box additions/innovations for the rest of the generation.

Basically, bake a good cake first, there's plenty of time to worry about the icing later. I really don't want to have to wait 3 years into next-gen to hear "we finally made acceleration mean something this year."
That's exactly what they did this generation. NCAA07 was absolute barebones on the 360 and the majority didn't care because "wow look at those graphics!" "did you see those gameplay vids!" Fast forward to the present and you have this thread and tons like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove