View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
DeathMetal
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

OVR: 6
DM's Fictional Player Generator

Here is another excel project I've been working on on and off for a long time now. I figured I would release it here so people could play around with it if they wanted.

Features:
-Press the 'F9' key to generate a new batch of players.
-Generates 13 position players and 12 pitchers.
-Generates everything; Ratings, basic facial appearance, hair color, eye color (based on race and hair color), facial hair, accessories, colors, batting stance, and music (also based on race, you have a higher chance to get hip hop with a black person for instance). You are encouraged to go in and tweak the facial appearance even more, this just covers basic head shape.
-Names will be generated based on Race for each player. Heights will also be slightly different based on Race.
-60% chance to generate awhite player, 29% hispanic, 8% black, 3% asian. Roughly the same as real life MLB.
-Generated Heights and weights will be within an average range, which also varies a bit for each position. There is also about a 5% chance that a player will be given an extreme height, which will be tall or short. Weight will be adjusted up or down accordingly.
-And more, but if I went into every little detail this would be much too long.

------------UPDATES-----------
-April 26th - Implemented knuckleballers, there is now a very small chance that a pitcher will be a knuckleballer. Also, age now has an effect on several ratings. No more 90+ speed 40 year olds.
-April 23rd - Added more names to the database, expanded the range of skin colors for Hispanics, and some other small tweaks.
-April 20th - Added Pitchers
-April 16th - Worked on the layout of the generator. It is more streamlined and should be easier to read.
-April 15th - Adjusted how the generator handles extreme body sizes. The generator has a fairly small chance of assigning an "extreme" body to a generated player, and will now randomly determine whether to make the height short or tall (weighted more towards tall) with appropriately scaled weight.
--------------------------------

*If you're getting a bunch of #NAME errors, make sure you have the Analysis ToolPak installed. It's in Tools--> Addins in excel. Click the check box next to it to install.

*v2.1 is for MLB 13 the show.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DM's Fictional Player Generator.zip (507.4 KB, 141 views)
File Type: zip DM's Fictional Player GeneratorV2.1.xls.zip (591.1 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by DeathMetal; 04-24-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove