View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
Rickster101
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

I've seen and have heard of some strange things happening with the editor over its version releases and this last one pretty much has fixed or resolved most of them to the point where it has a built in fix ability to correct most naming issues but nothing to the point where it just stops working.

About the closest to a syntax/out of bounds error in my experience has been reported in with the roster positions as in one player in two position example a player assigned to play left guard is in both left and right positions other then that I know of no such syntax/out of bounds errors reported.

It sounds like the problem lies within the file itself the editor is pretty straight forward and can only process the date it receives and is pretty much limitless it does not calculate or add anything numeric and the data base is also name generated.

You're doing the naming in-game so if after you've loaded the file something changed in the transfer you can't overload names because it just uses whats there....380 and even if they were under or over that number it should still load them with names left over to edit.

I tried using windows 7 years ago and had issues getting the editor and AR to function using it....I went back to my windows XP and haven't looked back.

I'd import that draft class into another default roster and see if its still seeing that syntax error which sounds more like a grammar or character error something thats not being read correctly by your system.

Wish I knew more but syntax errors aren't common and are usually associate with computer science fields and computer grammar/characters not being read correctly.

Check in with Dolphin also perhaps he can shed some light on the subject.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101