Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
seanjeezy
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: OSFM v3: Pitch Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I've been using your pitch edits as a solid base for editing. I thank you for the work you've done and are about do.

The only things I've changed from your edits are minor tweaks. I take down every pitcher's abilities by 3 and bb by 5. That's not on you...that's the game and the sliders I use. I was sick and tired of no name guys having laser precision with 5 pitches. The only other thing I do is slightly lower some pitch speeds and change a lot of sinkers to 2 seamers. This is all based on watching the actual pitchers play. I have the MLB package so I get to see the pitchers I want and very few guys throw legit sinkers. Most are 2 seamers. The occasional change based on visual appearance of pitches, but that's my personal preference.

One thing I'll say is you nailed the slider movement. The game gives sliders insane break. For that matter they give slurves too much also, but your slider edits are near perfect. It feels so realistic when you get one that breaks a bit and leaves batters confused.

You do great work dude and I love it. Easily the best pitch edits out there!
Finally someone who understands lol, a slider at 87 mph cannot have over a foot of horizontal movement as well, it would defy physics! In regards to Sinker vs 2-Seam, I have formulas for those, If it has twice as much vertical movement in relation to horizontal movement or greater than 22 inches of vertical movement, its a sinker to me. Velocites are a little too hot, I will probably lower them, but no more than 1 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
i assume u have Johan Santana?

grrr i already started a franchise but ur convincing me to just wait lol
Lol yup I have the big names already noted, you could always start a second franchise!