Old 04-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
grgmths1433
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: General rule using power swing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Only time I ever use power swing is on a 3-0 count and even then, I rarely swing. Computer doesn't often groove a fast ball right down the middle on a 3-0. I haven't gotten several homeruns like that, but more often than not, I take the pitch.
Home Runs will come when you expect it using contact swing. I hit a lot of gappers that translate to doubles. Playing in Minute Maid Stadium hitting the ball off of the Crawford Box will help you as well. I strikeout a lot therefore I don't see how power swing would help me. Sure everyone entitled to their own stragey. JD Martinez belted a bomb for me last night and boy it was sweet how he timed the pitch and touted as he knew that baby was a definitely goner. Then Jason Castro crushed one but the wind played a factor and Micheal Cuddyer robbed him with a leap at the right field wall. If the wind is on your side you will see home runs. It's seems the weather has major influence on this year Show. And of course the stadium you play in matter as well. All I can say be patience at the plate and your offense power will show up.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks