View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
CRMosier_LM
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOACHK
Casey what's good! -Are you coming to NYC next week?

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on limiting audibles though man; between the basic run/pass/play-action options, plays being signaled in from the sideline (via helmet "headset" or signals being called in ala Oregon), and those nifty arm-bands with the microscopic lettering, QBs pretty much do have access to the entire playbook in no-huddle situations too. Defensive playcalling is done the same way to combat no-huddle offenses too.

The only issues I've ever had with no-huddle in Madden or NCAA is when it was able to be done after incomplete passes, or how the offense hurries to the LOS way before the defense doees every single time in Madden 12. I always assume my opponent will no-huddle alot and use my audibles like a playcalling "Swiss Army Knife" of sorts.
What's good Coach?!? I was planning on it but due to 2 Madden related trips coming up I'm not gonna be able swing a 3rd... Stuff gets expensive! I added it up and NYC would cost me and the wife another $1200 out of my bank account... Can't do it.

As for the audible thing, we have to go for realism. The arm band is just a reference to what the oc calls in through the headset. With the limited time to communicate the calls are presented in coded fashion (for example blue, 13, zum, delta.... Blue being the formation, 13 being the playcall referenced on the arm band which are quite long and usually numbered or lettered, zum being the motion call ...in this case flanker motion, and delta referencing the base line protection.). The rest of the time over headset is used for general info such as watch for: this, this, and this.

We do need to limit user input on these things because then if we don't we are opening things up for exploits. If it doesn't provide realism, then it needs to go. I'm not a "Sim" guy, I'm a realism guy. Sim is a a horrible term that in theory is great but too often removes part of the sport due to lack of basic knowledge. In league play if my opponent comes out in no huddle every play all game (Madden) with the fatigue registering issues then he will be booted from the league before halftime because no huddle is an exploit due to the fatigue application issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove