View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #132
poster
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

I think Big FN may be correct that it is advancement of DPP, which would be ok with me considering they usually scrap features in later years instead of building on them. It has potential to be very good if they keep building onto it.

Regarding tomorrow, I really home they will start to immerse us in presentation. All EA Sports games are plain boring and do nothing to draw you into the sport you love, especially in the single player franchise area.

Most or all of us want some type of broadcast presentation. It doesn't matter if they copy a certain network or do their own EASN style from back in the day which was awesome, just have the elements that are present when we watch the sport on tv. They could set trends with player intro's, graphical stat and player overlays, but they always take the half baked route. This has to be improved this year, it's been way too long dealing with the same sub par presentation.

Hopefully we see full team starting lineup introductions. In franchise, each game should have stats or information based on prior games or information for that specific season. Example would be displaying the O-Line intros. Have something saying line has allowed the most sacks in the NFL, or the LT not having allowed a sack thus far though Week 10, etc for all units on O & D. I would think this would be possible in the year 2012, but maybe I am wrong, as hard as it is for me to believe.

Also, having an around the league ticker showing at a consistent rate during games like we see on the current broadcasts. Showing scores, stats, etc. I don't even have to mention half time shows or weekly wrap up's, etc. That is what world class presentation entails. They shouldn't need wish lists, or others to tell them this. They should have the creative minds there to do this, especially with the NFL license. They should be doing things where the networks say, wow, we need to copy that for our broadcasts. Unfortunately, they have ignored presentation in all of their titles, an awful decision on their part.