View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
PacMan3000
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Draft Presentation In Franchise Mode

I would like to see the developers realize one small be important thing (to me, at least). As great as you can make a sports game, and as much varied commentary or great gameplay you can pack in, the game itself (the game on the field, I should say) is going to get stale.

It's a fact. This isn't Mass Effect or GTA where we play different levels, encounter new worlds, and gain stronger powers and battle bosses. It's a game where you run, pass, kick, block and tackle. We love football, but after you plan 50 or 60 games (which really isn't *that* many disc spins in the PS3 or Xbox) it gets stale.

That's why I love franchise mode, because it extends the life of the game and makes the gamer build towards something. But that needs to be kept fresh, too.

For presentation, I'd like to see us be able to work out and play with rookies (whether it's a pro day or a senior bowl). And then I'd like to see and hear commentators like Mel Kiper or Mike Mayock talk about who's rising and falling, critiquing my draft, and praising or slamming me on draft day for a specific pick I make.

I mean, can you imagine a franchise mode where you have to sift through a rumor mill, or try and get a bead on other teams' draft plans? Are they being real? Are they bluffing you to try and get you to trade up or down? Are the rumors about a team or player on the eve of the draft a warning sign, or just a ploy by another club to get you to NOT draft him?

I think the possibilities are endless, but they haven't really begun to scratch the surface.

Franchise has improved, but I feel like there's no high stakes or consequences, which makes the mode feel kinda dull. There's no players demanding new contracts or want to be traded, there's no agents crawling down your back, there's no players griping about playing time, there's no owner threatening to fire you unless you make the playoffs, no real concern over managing the salary cap.