View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
TheDelta
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Trick Special Teams plays.

I have used the Fake FG pass with some limited success, there usually is a very brief window of opportunity after the holder/backup QB gets up and he gets tackled where you can throw the ball, if you can get it out in that split second it's often a TD, but more often you just get tackled or the pass falls incomplete because the QB gets hit while throwing. I don't think I've ever had any success with the Fake FG run, I just don't see how this can work, only if your opponent for some reason calls a very conservative defense against your FG attempt can I imagine there could be an opening to pick up some yards with a very fast backup QB.

Since I've been using Jarodd's sliders, passing with the Punter is usually out of the question, you simply can't complete any passes with them. But the Fake Snap Punt is indeed very dangerous in short yardage situations, especially with a fast FB this can be deadly.

Still, I'd like to see those trick plays get some love in M13, there are many interesting variants, I'd especially love to see the "Fake FG Toss" where the kicker just runs to the outside and the holder just tosses him the football, it would give you an option to use an athletic kicker if you got one and it has been used in the NFL succesfully (Jay Feely scored a TD on that play two years ago)