Old 05-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
ckarlic
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Check Swing Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmeyer
Let me start by saying I searched the bugs/glitches thread for this but didn't come up with anything. I'm playing with pure analog batting on Veteran difficulty with custom sliders.

The problem I'm having is that sometimes when I take a full swing, never intending to even let up a little bit, it will result in a check swing. Today I had a fastball right down the gut, a little high, waiting to be crushed 450 feet. I guessed the pitch and location, I go to put wood on that puppy and...check swing. Strike 2. I look at the Swing Analysis box. The yellow circle of where my contact is at is HUGE with the ball square in the middle. Stride timing was perfect, everything was perfect except for the check swing. Anybody have any explanation? I actually need a new controller anyhow so I'm gonna buy one today but a worn out analog stick be the culprit? That's the only thing I can even think of and I'm almost certain that that's the situation because also when I try to hold up for a check swing, even when I'm swinging for contact, it's nearly impossible to hold back. I'll pull back, push about halfway forward to about where the analog rests in static position, and it's a full swing. Just wanted to check OS for any input.
I have had this happen to me a few times. Get a nice meat pitch and intend to do a full swing but my batter ends up check swinging. I was also thinking it may be my controller as well. May try getting a new controller as well.