Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #57
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What is SIM Play Calling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTC Wayne
So I guess since using a defense with DB's that could contain the toss sweeps and outside runs would be deemed un-sim, guess the next best thing to do is either regulate how many times someone can use those two runs our ban it all together? Now, I agree that using a defense with more DB's to stop a certain run is ridiculous but......... I also feel telling someone how many times they can do something or taking it away all together is just as ridiculous..... so where can a happy medium be reached on that example?
This is why I rarely have a problem with how folks play. The toss is broken and will be until they implement run fits & engaged player mobility. As is, we don't have the tools to stop the play the way it's done in the NFL. What Madden does instead is make it easier for OLBs to disengage & have CBs tackle better than they should. Tosses work & don't work for all the wrong reasons.

I think the medium is playing like minded folks. If you're the type of player that wants to win at all cost, taking advantage of the game's shortcomings, own it & play folks that feel the same. "Sim" heads should stick to playing themselves as well. For online folks, there needs to be a way to communicate this.