Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Tyrant8RDFL
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Simply *Magic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I've always held Walter Payton in high esteem but thanks to the little hobby i'm in i've seen many games of his and i've come away even MORE impressed by his level of play especially in the years when the Bears sucked so much on offense that it was virtually give it to Payton 80%+. The man could just do it all, be finesse, run over people and catch the ball with grace as well. If only the Bears weren't so wretched early in his career as it robbed him a few years at the end.

As for Sanders I see him as a bit of a contradiction, he was the first truly flashy RB but as a person and a player after scoring a TD he was respectful of the game and a genuinely good guy and a model for the quiet, stoic leader. Unfortunately a lot of the RBs who've been influenced by him have taken that flashiness but aren't even half the man he is.

Not listed on there is another favorite RB of mine and that's Thurman Thomas. He was Mr. All-Purpose for the Bills and if Jim Kelly was the gunman shooting the ball all over the place Thurman was the one that really stirred the drink as without him I don't think the Bills would've been nearly as successful. He was one of the more graceful runners i've seen and like a lot of the great backs he could use power too if needed.
There are so many backs that were great, and man you nailed it also with Thurman Thomas. What a consistant solid performer. He was a problem for opposing defenses.

I was so afraid of him when the Giants played them in the superbowl. The guy just simply produced every time. He is a class act and a great Rb. He was also solid all around back.