Old 06-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #49
Playmakers
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Player rating changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I've always been confused how you can just say a player is a 93 overall? Do you just higher and lower ratings till John Doe is a 93 overall as opposed to rating a player to his specific abilities and rolling with whatever the overall rating ends up being?
I can't answer for everyone but I personally try to capture the player tendency ratings 1st

I'm not going to give a power back added speed and acceleration just to boost up his overall rating and rank him in the game based on his overall rating.

It's kinda like a Pocket QB because of his speed and acceleration ratings possibly being low it might appear as if he's been underrated compaired to a mobile QB's overall rating.

But in this game if you give a Pocket QB great awareness plus accuarcy it doesn't matter if his overall rating in the low-mid 80's he'll still play very effective because you focused on his prime ratings 1st.

I see these types of player rankings every year in these threads and people just give a overall but i very rarely see anyone post tendencies that justify that overall.

For example a speed back they will very rarely be a 90+ overall uless you jack up his Break Tackle, Trucking and Stiff Arm rating.

If you had those ratings all in the 40's you'll see even with speed, acceleration, and agility in the 90's it will be very hard for that RB to end up a 90+ overall.

On Default Rosters i might be in the minorty but i would have no more than 4-5 players at RB with 90+ overall and that is being generous because i can have no problems with a roster file released even without a 90+ RB.

There is nothing wrong with having the highest rated player at RB only be 88 overall because like i said his actual tendency ratings should determine his ability on the field not his overall rating.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-10-2012 at 07:11 AM.