View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #15
wheelman990
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Fisheye Camera View Video Breakdown Pt 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Personally instead of doing the fisheye view I want them to take the legitimate next step to working on a technology similar to Need for SpeedShift where the driver turns his head based on the turn of the course and what not. But bring it and implement it into football.

This right here is what I want!

Take real world data of the vision cone out of a helmet, add a blurry effect on edges to give look of peripheral vision. Then just work on the function of the camera based on head movement. Add in running shake and you got a realistic football sim.
That isn't realistic either. The cam is what is bouncing up and down and all around, not the players. Go run on the filed...yes a little up and down movement but nothing like this shaky cam IMO. I would get dizzy with this camera. It is more like playing football in the eyes of a camera man IMO.

First person would be sweet, I just dont think there is anyway to do it yet. Backbreaker showed how frustrating a super close cam was. You couldn't even see anything but ahead of you you and no way to look left or right at all. Camera's just can't move like your head and eyes.

I still think a good old zoom cam is as good as it is going to get. The problem is EA needs to at least offer some user tweaks to their cam choice. Hard to believe that following 2k5, Madden 13 would still not have a custom camera
Advertisements - Register to remove