View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #50
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Run/Pass Commit IN Madden 13 Make it More Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Here is a legitimate question - those of you who have actually been to Tiburon would hopefully be able to answer this. When they decide to add something like line crashes in the game, how do they go about designing it? Do they draw these up by talking with NFL coaches? Do they study film to understand how it is supposed to work?

In addition, how do they test it? Do they have people there who actually understand what the lineman should be doing for different fronts - or do they simply add the fronts as an aesthetic feature only?
Taz here is the thing. The run commit right/left basically explode the OL blocking, which as hinted by another poster earlier is rather cheesy. For those looking for a simulation I would think they want this to be about gap control. Ideally I think the crash left/right should accomplish this. Unfortunately, these are not designed that way. So what they do is say if you want to defend the run in a realistic way then you gotta completely give up the pass. IMO, that makes no sense. Their process always seems to be win/loss. Either you are going to win or lose. That's way to simplistic. It's like they allow you to play realistic to a certain point then just don't give you the rest. Let's take line crash left/right as an example. Imagine if that worked like run commit left/right does with respect to your DL being independent of the OL. What does this do? If it is based on gaps now you can create a run fit to defend the run, but you get better angles and ideas of creating blitzes. But it's like they say, we can't allow that. Then what is allowed though is spy blitzing, contain blitzing and all that type of stuff that happens on the competitive scene. (the competitive scene to be fair does ban some of this stuff)

My hunch, based on discussions in the past is some things do not get added because of time; other things do not get added because while they will nod their head in agreement, they just do not want to take the game in that direction. Some things do not get added because adding it will break something else.