Old 06-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #51
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Run/Pass Commit IN Madden 13 Make it More Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The bolded are the only reason why I started the thread Big. I don't like it, but if it is going to be in, give it something that we need in the game from a realistic standpoint although not all of those areas can be covered. But please don't make it arbitrary as it stands now in NCAA. The way it is there is just a complete waste of time IMO.
I completely agree, I was more so commenting on the discussion regarding real football fundamentals in relation to run/pass commit. If people less versed in real football than you, come in thinking that run/pass commit in Madden is fundamentally real football, that could create misunderstandings, imo. That's basically what I meant, that everyone needs to understand that whatever is done to improve run/pass commit short of an overhaul will still likely be unrealistic but if they are willing to overhaul it, it should just be removed, imo.

On topic, I don't know off hand how to make this feature better without completely changing it. As it stands now, I guess the premise of it makes sense in regards to limiting the success of overt repeated plays. The fixes you suggest in the OP don't seem like tuning run/pass commit but completely changing it. I agree with that but I am not sure EA/Tiburon is prepared or able to do it at this point. I think you are suggesting they overhaul it if they insist on keeping but again, I they are willing to overhaul something, it should at least be the adaptive AI, which should mean run/pass commit could be removed.

I hope I making sense. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove