Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #55
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Run/Pass Commit IN Madden 13 Make it More Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
No coordinator does that. What im just trying to say is that a feature like this should be a HR or a strikeout. In all honesty it should not even be in the game, because of what you stated. No one calls a defense like this. The thing is that it is in the game, so I just feel it needs to stay that way it is, so it does not get abused.
The bold makes me wonder:

-Why is it in the game again?
-Why didn't they take the time devoted to putting this in to get some foundation of the front seven working?

But now that it is in the game, I disagree with the all-or-nothing aspect. That negates ratings. A player with high AWR and PRC should be able to tell quicker that the call isn't going to work. He might be the only one or the fastest reactor, but he should still react. He shouldn't turn stupid for the sake of "game balance".

I think it should take players out of position. They'd be on the wrong foot, thinking about something, but then have to recognize they are getting something different, etc, but that shouldn't be an automatic HR for the offense. A single, and double, maybe, if they have good personnel (or facing a bad run defense), but anything after that should be based on what the ball carrier and defense does.

It shouldn't be an automatic strikeout either. If I have a Bo Jackson clone running behind the Hogs combined with the nastiest OLmen of the 70s and a full back that makes Alstott look like a punk with his blocks, even if you commit and guess right, I shouldn't strikeout all the time. Again, you might contain it to a bunt single instead of a triple, but not always for a loss or even no gain.

Sure, since the feature is in, it has to be balanced as though we're playing Starcraft on a football field instead of football, but I don't think that balance should be at the extremes. That's what I think is wrong with Madden as it is - not enough 'good but not great' results.

I would also hope that a talented defense could just avoid this completely. While teams like the Ravens and 49ers are aggressive and "sell out" at times, I'm willing to bet it's not their "way of life" on the defense. Personnel that good should just need good playcalling. The rest is them going to work.

It WOULD be good if you have a bad run defense - you need to "gamble" a little more because straight-up, you get owned. That could create more realistic inconsistency these weak units face with the high chance of being on the losing end. But nothing should be automatic in either direction.

Last edited by KBLover; 06-11-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove