View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #56
Bootzilla
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Run/Pass Commit IN Madden 13 Make it More Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Ok Boot, here is my question then. What have we both said that is in disagreement. We are just talking about different ways of getting there. You mentioned moving a safety down in the box as a "sell out." I wouldn't call that a "sell out." To me that's just a strategic move. You also mentioned that he has no A.I so unless you control him him being in the box is nothing but aesthetic. What I'm describing by giving defenders run fit logic via the run commits makes it where you would not need to control that Safety.

I get where you are operating from and unfortunately, it's probably a better premise than I'm operating from. Everyone says they want a sim game. EA says they want a sim game. I don't see why making defenders hit the next gap over would be a problem. That would make it more sim than people arbitrarily running places left and right. But like you said, that's not where EA is with this. My hope is they will get it there if they want realism.
In my response to you in my first post I said I understood where you were coming from. And I agreed with it. I just didn't feel EA could effectively implement what you were suggesting. Not saying what you were suggesting was wrong. So, no we don't really disagree. We just argue the point from a different angle.

So, dealing with the realities that are EA football I'm not against run/pass commit because normal play calling too often falls short because the players don't react to situations as they should.

And I said putting an 8th man in the box is committing to stopping the run, not a sell out. Just emphasizing that you do have to sell out in Madden because the 8th man is just an aesthetic unless you blitz him or manually control him.

We're all trying to get to the same place. As realistic a football sim as we can get while working under the constraints/limitations/parameters of the EA football machine.