View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
AllJuicedUp
Rookie

OVR: 0
Some people seem to be answering what they think is more important to a good/fun video game, which is not the question at hand. The question is, what is more important for authenticity?

And to that question, there is no doubt it is completely true to life presentation. I'm talking a playable broadcast camera, the most in depth commentary and dynamic commentary in a sports video game, a post game show thats actually good (aka a show like Choops 2k8 did), etc... the whole damn package!

If you take Madden 12 and add those features the authenticity goes through the roof. Does it get any more fun and increase the replay value? Maybe a little, but not much.

Now if you ask me which one I'd rather have, its real time physics no doubt. Even a mediocre physics engine that made the contact just a little better would add a ton more fun and replay value to Madden. A fully fledged one (I'm talking a fleshed out physics engine more in the model of Backbreaker than say NHL, which is a joke to call physics), and I'd be in football heaven as far as enjoyment goes. Which for me is far and away the most important aspect for a game.

But the question was about authenticity. And if you take Madden 12 and could add either of those to it to make it a more authentic experience, the answer is presentation.