View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
mtoo22
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
This game... It is truly a "Love/Hate" thing with me now and that's a shame because I used to love this game and it was the only guaranteed first day purchase for me. Now, for the first time, I am not so sure.

It just looks stale. The lighting looks bad, things looked washed out. Cosmetically, the game has not gotten a significant upgrade for quite some time. This isn't like other games that already look beautiful and don't need those aesthetic updates - this game has looked the same for a very long time.

Uniforms are a big deal to me. I haven't been quiet about this but the team I run with is Washington and I've been begging for their home jerseys to be updated for three years now. Three years. I didn't just sit on the sidelines and hope EA figured out that they needed updated, either. I sent e-mails to the Development Team with pictures showing the new jerseys. That was three years ago. I've seen screen shots where Washington is wearing the same home jerseys that they last wore in 2009. I am sorry, but that's just not acceptable to me and frankly, it pisses me off.

It's not just the uniforms... The game is littered with bugs that have been prevalent for at least a couple of years now. I just don't get it - we're still having features ripped away from us and we have yet to see features in the game that we're present in the last generation consoles. The game, to me, has simply taken steps back each year on the current consoles and it blows my mind.

This game has so much promise but sadly it continues to disappoint year after year. I am sure I will buy it because I love college football and the exclusive licenses have eliminated any competition that could exist. So, I continue to be a part of the problem by giving EA my $65 despite my overall feelings on the direction of the series. I just can't believe such little progress has been made from the first year the game was out on the new consoles to now - it doesn't give me much hope for future iterations of the game on the next consoles we'll be seeing.

This game is so stale, so disappointing. I never thought I would write a post like this about this game, because it has always been the one game that I couldn't go without. It was a huge part of my childhood and I always thought it would just get better and better.

That just hasn't been the case and it's a true shame.
I'm not going to defend EA, but the exclusive license has little to do with it at this point since it has expired. The startup cost for a NCAA or NFL game is so high that the only people can afford it make the game. EA has the profit to invest in it yearly because of the fact they make it currently. It would take a huge upfront cost to make a.game that won't show an immediate return. This is the problem.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2