Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #37
PowerofRed25
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How EA Missed the Boat on Heisman Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
I disagree, I've got a laundry lists of wants for dynasty. I realize it isn't politically correct for me to say this, but IDGAF about these modes and if it were at my sole discretion I would axe all of them modes outside of Play Now and Dynasty.

Thankfully for a lot of people, I don't get to make that call, LOL. There are Game Changers that love RTG, Heisman Mode and even one who loves mascots, even though I make fun of him for it by using the Allen Iverson "We talking 'bout Mascots (practice)?" line every time he talks about them.
I'd go one step farther and have the entire game be online based. Dump Heisman Challenge, RTG, Mascot Mode, One Button Mode and whatever the hell else there is that I've never played and have all dynasties online based.

That isn't to say Play Now and offline dynasties wouldn't work without an internet connection, it would just allow everything to be stored, accessed and edited online. That means playbooks to settings to rosters to single user or multi-user dynasties, all able to be accessed in their entirety from a computer. I think all users, both online and off, would love that ability.

And most importantly, it takes a significant amount of memory off the disc and makes it streaming. That makes load times faster, allows many of the smaller off the field glitches to be patched and resolved from the server side without requiring a time intensive and slow developing patch.

Now I'm not entirely sure how or even if this is possible, but I think it could help add another layer of immersion to the game that I feel is lacking. I've been a huge fan of the new OD website that was released for 12. It offers a great amount of interaction and control without needing to be on the console. Now just think if something similar could be done for editing/naming rosters, creating playbooks and maybe in the future, creating and editing plays.

I'm just throwing stuff out here. I agree for the most part that EA needs to streamline more than it needs all these random game modes. That's why I feel like situational classics or historical RTG would be more in line with what EA should be doing, just because it would be easily integrated into what they already have.