View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
Comduklakis
MVP

OVR: 8
Detroit Tigers: Going for Broke in 2012 (MLB the Show 2012)

Hey all, I am starting a Detroit Tigers Franchise for MLB the Show 12. I'm using the OSFM 6-11 update posted by Ridindwnkingsley although I have made a couple roster moves that I noticed such as the Youkulis trade to the WhiteSox.

I also am starting fresh for injuries. First day of spring training, everyone was healthy. Injuries are random and I will not be generating any injuries myself. So in my world guys like Victor Martinez, Chris Carpenter, and Mariano Rivera are healthy.

I am doing 30 team control. I will make all trades during the season and any free agent signings. Once the season starts, roster decisions and lineups will be controlled by the AI, with the obvious exception of the Tigers. I will make off-season decisions as well for contracts and free agency. When multiple teams seem like possible destinations for free agents, I will use random.org and possibly develop a system similar to what someone developed for NBA2K12 that gave points for such characteristics as franchise location, winning, amount of contract, etc. To be sure, with Fielder, Cabrera, and Verlander, the odds of the Tigers making a big free agent splash are almost nil.

If you are interested in my other dynasty for NBA2k12, the link is in my signature of each post.

I simmed spring training and set 40 man rosters and lineups myself, but as I noted above, these will change as injuries occur and the AI makes choices. I did not specifically follow the current 40 man rosters in the actual MLB but chose on need, previous major league experience, and overall rating.

I hope everyone enjoys and I appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove