View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
PowerofRed25
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Any Tips on Running The 3-3-5 Defense?

I took to running the 335 late in NCAA 12 because it fit my personnel in the OD and I felt it worked really well. Paulinho had a great summary of the personnel you want, all great info. I was coming off of being a 425 guy almost exclusively and I treated 335 exactly the same way but with more athleticism on the field.

My favorite play was just straight 335 Normal, Cover 2 Man. Spread the LB's and re-blitz the outside LB on the weak side of the offenses formation (a OLB is rushing automatically in this play). It basically gave me a 4 man rush but with a ton of athleticism on the field and I could more easily mix up where rushes came from. It could be left or right, I could bring a SS with him, I could not. I could drop into zone behind it, I could rush from both sides.

I really love the balance of it and it is nasty against users just because you can come from either side at either time or drop 8 into coverage.

The one thing I would recommend is to get real comfortable user controlling either your MLB or your FS. These two positions are the most important in the defense. I really loved being able to free roam the field with one or the other, it is absolutely deadly if you get good at pattern reading.