View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #31
bobtrain
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBobMD
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

I've been playing RTG exclusively (usually crank out a RTG career or two while I wait for the named rosters prior to starting my dynasty). People want realism and (in that video link) complain when their True Freshman QB gets demoted at Stanford after throwing INT's in practice. I did the same thing with my QB (playing on AA)- went in as the starter and sucked it up in practice (if you're trying to throw bombs to the endzone every play you WILL get picked.. a lot!!) and guess what- rode the pine for the first game. Won the starters role back week #2. True freshman QB starting week #2 and am now "Hometown Legend" status by the 8th game of Freshman year having already tied school record for passing TD's and yardage. (really??)

This mode is NOT broken and they tried to make it more difficult, which it is. I'm glad they made it more difficult and actually wish it was a little harder to work your way into the starters role- at least at big-time programs. A few years ago I supplanted Christian Ponder who was ~95 ovr, 3 year Sr. starter and future 1st round draft pick- with my true freshman QB by the 3rd game of the year. I went there cuz I figured I'd be the starter my sophomore year

I've decided I'm going to quit reading these boards because I really enjoy the game. Yes, there are flaws but all of these people that aren't buying the game or "selling it back" because of "safety deep coverage" and stuff like that are really missing out and all the bitching and bellyaching just take away from an overall good game experience. Guess what DB's cover great when they're in man coverage- but somtimes get burned. They get beat on streak routes in zone. From an ex-player and High school coach, it feels about right to me.
Must not be a very good coach. What player goes from starter to 3rd string because of one practice???? That's not realistic AT ALL. Period.

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Advertisements - Register to remove