View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
stratospaly
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Deep ball too easy, I know why.

So let me get this straight. If you set up a play with multiple short passes, and runs, then happen upon a play where you have a streaking WR is either in between the cover 2 safeties AND there is no LB in the line of site between you and him, or its man, a safety blitzed\cover 1 AND he beats the DB. If all of those things happen, you have a long pass for a TD, most of the time. Dont forget that a safety can cover 40 yards while the ball is in the air and tackle you at the 1 yard line.

If I were getting beat by the short game I would adjust to take that away with the possible cost of a long ball. Sounds like the game is doing what comes natural.

You have a point with the perfect throws down field but honestly I got sick of last years game where a 99\99 tp\ta QB would throw every long ball where the WR beat his man out of bounds or just simply overthrow the receiver.

A good QB should be able to hit an open receiver, a good WR should be able to catch that ball and run. If the defense is out of position, the offense should exploit that fully.