xedia
Rookie

xedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 Roster Overhaul Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
1) 85-Man rosters

This one is a commonly sought-after feature that has been noticeably absent for quite some time now. But as long as we have a 25-man cap on recruiting classes, an 85-man roster is ABSOLUTELY necessary. I can't even begin to explain how much time I've spent on recruiting, trying to fill up my class to 25 each year, just to have to cut 10-15 players every year. Often, I'll end up cutting players who I had just redshirted the year before. This would make dynasty mode more authentic, immersive and fun.

The counter-argument that I've heard is regarding disc space and load times. There are a few solutions that I've thought of regarding that. The first one is to have a second disc with the rosters on it. That way, you could install the rosters from the second disc onto a hard drive or memory unit, much like the extra tracks on Forza 3. That option may be impractical, which brings me to my second point, which will help with memory issues and (hopefully) overall gameplay
For the past 4 years, there is one issue that has kept me from buying the NCAA game, and that is the roster size. They used to have the catchphase "if its in the game, its in the game" but every year 15 scholarship players from every school are most definately NOT in the game. This destroys my immersion into the game, and totally breaks my favorite game mode, dynasty. In fact, its not even an 85 man roster that bothers me, its 105. Coming out of fall camp, teams are allowed to have 105 players (85 scholarship, 20 walk-ons).

Add a level of immersion to dynasty by allowing the coach to recruit just like the real coaches do. Add the concept of walk-ons into NCAA14. For anybody that's seen the movie Rudy, they should know that just being "on the team" means more than playing on saturday. My school is San Jose St. and we get walk-ons just like every other FBS school, some of them turn out to be scholarship worthy down the road, others dont pan out at all. In fact, a search on the 'net shows some examples of walk-ons making the all american lists. Even if they dont pan out or see the field at all, these are also the guys over and above the 70 player gameday limit that comprise the scout teams, an underrated and under-appreciated factor of teambuilding. Also, having the scout team "in the game" demystifies HOW redshirted players develop over the course of a year. Treat the scout team like the practice time that was part of the road to glory style of play.

Every year EA adds new features and millions of new lines of code, so I still dont buy the disk space and loading time naysayers. But even if that part is true, the rumored expectations of PS4 (Orbis?), Xbox720, and Wii U in 2013 should be a monumental step forward in hardware, allowing features such as this to finally be "in the game".