Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
Sportsforever
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Barry Bonds or Ken Griffey Jr.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
Their have been a couple of "who would you rather have" threads floating around recently so I'd thought I add another. So who would you rather take when they were at their best, Ken Griffey Jr or Barry Bonds? I'm having a real tough time deciding who I want. On one hand Griffey was amazing back in his Seattle days but Bonds put together some fantastic seasons as well.
Who do I like more? Ken Griffey, hands down. I think we forget already how much fun the guy was...from his smile, laughing, hat backwards, etc. He was a kid out there and so much fun to watch. He was a stud and put together an amazing career.

All that said, Barry Bonds, and this is pre-roid Bonds, was arguably one of the most talented players to ever play. He was a great defensive player, great baserunner, great hitter...he could do it all. Griffey was a good to great defender, but he never was a great baserunner/stealer and he always struck out more than he walked. I think you can put Bonds from 1990-1998 up there with anyone.

I'd probably take Griffey because I don't think the talent/skill level is that different and I like him more, but just based on numbers/talent I have to say Bonds.